Members Login
 

Topic: Football, when is it going to return?

«First  <  113 14 15 | Page of 15  sorted by
Captain
Status: Offline
Posts: 2192
Date:

RE: Football, when is it going to return?

Permalink  
 
No you've got to be ahead of the game. Got to think if it is the championship how best we stop there.

__________________
Reserve Team
Status: Offline
Posts: 122
Date:
Permalink  
 
gwru wrote:

No you've got to be ahead of the game. Got to think if it is the championship how best we stop there.


I think you've just proven my point



__________________
Captain
Status: Offline
Posts: 2192
Date:
Permalink  
 
realmiller I haven't proven your point. You haven't got the point I'm trying to make. Warney failed last time in the championship with a full season to get it right also with Ajayi & Vaulks two of the best players we've had in recent years in the side then. I said you need to be ahead of the game. Tony Stewart or whoever it is who calls the shots at Roth U need to do what it takes to keep us in the championship if & when we get there.

__________________
Reserve Team
Status: Offline
Posts: 122
Date:
Permalink  
 
gwru wrote:

realmiller I haven't proven your point. You haven't got the point I'm trying to make. Warney failed last time in the championship with a full season to get it right also with Ajayi & Vaulks two of the best players we've had in recent years in the side then. I said you need to be ahead of the game. Tony Stewart or whoever it is who calls the shots at Roth U need to do what it takes to keep us in the championship if & when we get there.


 

I do get the point you're trying to make, and it's insane.



__________________
Vice-Captain
Status: Offline
Posts: 1119
Date:
Permalink  
 

So the Championship are looking to try and play this season out, and for the integrity of the game i reckon Lg1 will have to do the same

So how are they going to relay the game to all fans? 

ST holders - free access to ifollow if not free to air? 

and also just read that there is currently no active Covid19 testing programme at all for Lg1.

 

 

 

 

 



-- Edited by WorcesterMiller on Monday 1st of June 2020 12:41:54 PM



-- Edited by WorcesterMiller on Monday 1st of June 2020 12:42:23 PM

__________________
C
Reserve Team
Status: Offline
Posts: 367
Date:
Permalink  
 
League one clubs will have to pay for testing at a cost of around £150,000 if play resumed. That's on top of the hundreds of thousands already spent/lost and then another £300,000-£500,000 to complete the season behind closed doors.

Fair enough if it happens in league one, but id expect half the league to be in admin and suffering points deductions whenever the 2020/2021 season starts. All for "integrity" though which some clubs keep banging on about.

__________________
Testimonial
Status: Offline
Posts: 3224
Date:
Permalink  
 

The integrity thing is a smokescreen. A good number of the remaining games wont even be competitive. For example, there is an advantage for anybody who still has Southend or Bolton to play. Southend will be fielding a team of under 16s if they have to play their remaining fixtures. Bolton and mid-table teams with nothing to play for wont be extending deals for their loan players or extending the contracts of players who would otherwise be leaving at the end of June. They arent going to incur those costs when they have nothing to play for, so they will be massively weakened as well. Where is the integrity in nine rounds of fixtures between some teams at full strength with lots to play for, and some teams with nothing to play for who dont want to be there and are playing all their juniors to save money?



-- Edited by smiler on Tuesday 2nd of June 2020 07:40:13 PM

__________________
First Team
Status: Offline
Posts: 540
Date:
Permalink  
 
You have it all worked out. I wish that I was as smart as you Smiler.

I aspire to be a conspiracy theorist.

__________________
Testimonial
Status: Offline
Posts: 3224
Date:
Permalink  
 
Not sure what you mean by that TC. I dont think you need to be clever to see that the whole thing is driven by every clubs own self interest.

__________________
Vice-Captain
Status: Offline
Posts: 1393
Date:
Permalink  
 
If I was the Portsmouth chairman and the EFL proposal goes through with the team's that are in that group I would fancy my chances. Only 3 games to play instead of 12. Less chance of injuries sendings off having an impact I would snap their hands off. Same with the other 3 teams in that group it's the same argument why play the season out with all those cost. If they vote to play the rest of the season it makes no sense to me.

__________________
Vice-Captain
Status: Offline
Posts: 1119
Date:
Permalink  
 
TH MILLER wrote:

If I was the Portsmouth chairman and the EFL proposal goes through with the team's that are in that group I would fancy my chances. Only 3 games to play instead of 12. Less chance of injuries sendings off having an impact I would snap their hands off. Same with the other 3 teams in that group it's the same argument why play the season out with all those cost. If they vote to play the rest of the season it makes no sense to me.


 Indeed TH,  lets hope the 8th June update means the season is finished for us and we go up.

 



__________________
Youth Team
Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Date:
Permalink  
 
Vote put back 24 hours. Now on Tuesday 9th.

__________________
«First  <  113 14 15 | Page of 15  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.