Members Login

Topic: Friendly v Werder Bremen II

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Captain

Friendly v Werder Bremen II

Can't post a link, but highlights are on Freeview on the o/s.

Apparently Bremen II are in the fourth tier of German football i.e their equivalent of our League 2.  Two-all final score.  We scored two good goals and gave the woodwork a hammering.

As v Parkgate my impression is that we have a physically big, strong group and some good footballers in there.  We look like we are trying to play.  But you can't read too much into these games.  I remember going to Bootham Crescent to watch us demolish York City about 5-0 in a pre-season game years ago )Steve Spooner hat-trick as I recall) and thinking we looked like promotion certs, and we went on to have a crap season.

__________________
Vice-Captain
Date:

Yeah & all the "fans" that go to the Checkatrade games can look forward to plenty of EFL games against the likes of Norwich II & Derby II in a few years.......crack on lads!!

__________________

Youth Team
Date:

Thanks Smiler, didn't know about the highlights. (Welcome back btw, you'll be pleased to know an old 'friend' has absconded over to millersmad to talk about Stubbsy and Ball on there instead) Looking at the video it was a great 2-0 win 😀 Interesting that they omitted to show the 2 goals conceded. Roll on next month, looking forward to getting started...

__________________
First Team
Date:

Checkatrade or bust i'm in it to win it.

__________________
Captain
Date:

DKNY wrote:

Thanks Smiler, didn't know about the highlights. (Welcome back btw, you'll be pleased to know an old 'friend' has absconded over to millersmad to talk about Stubbsy and Ball on there instead) Looking at the video it was a great 2-0 win 😀 Interesting that they omitted to show the 2 goals conceded. Roll on next month, looking forward to getting started...

 Yes I've noticed those posts on a familiar theme on MM.  I hope our old friend is happy over there.  Happy enough not to come back on here.

The highlights were somewhat edited.  I did my own statistical analysis for those who can't access them.  As you say DKNY, we won 2-0.  What you haven't said is that we had 98% possession and 14 attempts on goal to their none.  A real confidence builder.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.